Booking Terms & Conditions
Please read these booking terms and conditions carefully.
You will be asked to expressly agree to these booking terms during the event booking process on our website. An event includes a course; individual or staff training; a party; or a special event.
In these booking terms, “we” means London Jewellery Workshop (and “us” and “our” will be construed accordingly); and “you” means our customer or potential customer under these online booking terms (and “your” will be construed accordingly).
Any statutory rights which you have as a consumer, which cannot be excluded or limited, will not be affected by the booking terms.
We may update the version of these booking terms on the website from time to time, and we do not guarantee that the version you have agreed to will remain accessible. We therefore recommend that you download, print and retain a copy of these online booking terms for your records.
The only language in which we provide these booking terms is English.
(1) Booking process
The advertising of events on our website constitutes an “invitation to treat”; and your submission of a booking request for an event constitutes a contractual offer. No contract will come into force between you and us unless and until we accept your order in accordance with the procedure detailed below.
- Select the course or event you wish to attend
- Confirm your order
- Consent to these booking terms
- Transfer to our secure online payment system and pay for the course or event in full; or make a bank transfer payment using BACS with an offline invoice
- We will send you an order confirmation email, at which point your booking will become a binding contract, or we will confirm by email that we are unable to meet your booking request
(2) Price and Payment
Payment must be made in full upon the submission of your booking. We may cancel the contract between us if the price is not received from you in full in cleared funds.
Payment must be made by credit/debit card via Secure Hosting’s Universal Payment Gateway OR by using a gift voucher OR by alternative methods by contacting London Jewellery Workshop directly by phone or email. Once payment has been received we will send an order confirmation acknowledgement or email you directly.
Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect contracts which have come into force.
(3) Cancellation and Transfer
In order to cancel a contract, you must inform us in writing to the address set out at the end of these booking terms or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your notice of cancellation must be actually received by us on or before the relevant date set out below. All cancellations and transfers are subject to an administrative fee of £15.
- If your written request is received more than 30 days before the event is due to begin, you will be entitled to a full refund of the amount paid, less the administrative fee;
- If your written request is received within the 30 day period before the event, you will not be entitled to a refund unless a replacement student can be found for your place prior to the start date, less the administrative fee;
- Cancellations requested after the course/event has started will not be considered;
- Transfer to an alternative course/event should be requested in writing at least 14 days before the course start date;
- Transfer requested less than 14 days before the event may be declined unless a replacement student can be found for your place prior to the start date;
- If you fail to attend a course, event or session, no refund will be given, and no transfer request will be accepted.
If a class is cancelled or postponed for reasons for which we are responsible, such as staff illness, we will make every reasonable effort to reschedule the class to suit the majority of attendees, or add missed hours onto remaining classes.
Please note that all courses require a minimum number of attendees. If too few bookings are received, courses may be cancelled.
If you cancel a contract and are entitled to a refund, we will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any event, within 30 days of the day we received your valid notice of cancellation.
We warrant that the services provided under these booking terms will be provided with reasonable skill and care.
You warrant and represent to us that:
- You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts, and you have full authority, power and capacity to agree to these booking terms;
- The information provided in or in connection with your booking request is accurate and complete;
- You will be able to attend the event at the time and in the place advertised;
- You meet the pre-requisites and qualification criteria for attending the event set out in the course description; and
- You are at least 16 years of age.
(6) Limitations and exclusions of liability
Nothing in the booking terms will: (a) limit or exclude the liability of a party for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; (b) limit or exclude the liability of a party for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by that party; (c) limit any liability of a party in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or (d) exclude any liability of a party that may not be excluded under applicable law. Any statutory rights which you have as a consumer, which cannot be excluded or limited, will not be affected by the booking terms.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section [and elsewhere in the booking terms]: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the booking terms or in relation to the subject matter of the booking terms, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of a force majeure event which is beyond our reasonable control.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, such as loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
(7) General terms
Contracts under these booking terms may only be varied by an instrument in writing signed by both you and us. We may revise these booking terms from time-to-time, but such revisions will not affect the terms of any contracts which we have entered into with you.
If any provision of these booking terms is held invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect, and such invalid or unenforceable provisions or portion thereof will be deemed omitted.
No waiver of any provision of these booking terms, whether by conduct or otherwise, in any one or more instances, will be deemed to be, or be construed as, a further or continuing waiver of that provision or any other provision of these booking terms.
You may not assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise transfer any of your rights or obligations arising under these booking terms. Any attempt by you to do so will be null and void. We may assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise transfer any of our rights or obligations arising under these booking terms, at any time – providing such action does not serve to reduce the guarantees benefiting you under these booking terms.
Each contract under these booking terms is made for the benefit of the parties to it and is not intended to benefit, or be enforceable by, any other person. The right of the parties to terminate, rescind, or agree any amendment, variation, waiver or settlement under such contracts is not subject to the consent of any person who is not a party to the relevant contract.
Subject to the first paragraph of Section : these booking terms contain the entire agreement and understanding of the parties in relation to events booked on our website, and supersede all previous agreements and understandings between the parties in relation to events booked on our website; and each party acknowledges that no representations not expressly contained in these booking terms have been made by or on behalf of the other party in relation to the booking of events on our website.
These booking terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising under or in relation to these online booking terms.
(8) About us
Our full company name is London Jewellery Workshop Ltd. Company number 09672721
Nina Gilbey is the sole owner and director.
Our office and principal trading address is Unit 18, Sunbury Workshops, Swanfield Street, London E2 7LF
Our email address is email@example.com